Randolph County School System Technology Department
The Randolph County School System Technology Department is dedicated to enhancing the learning experience by infusing technology into the instructional process and to provide the technological support needed for all stakeholders to achieve maximum success.
The role of the technology department is to provide quality service, programs, support, and activities for the purposes of improving student learning, enhancing instructional and administrative effectiveness. The students will use technology to prepare themselves for 21st Century careers.
- The Randolph County School System is committed to improving the educational experience by:
Continuing to upgrade, maintain, and support the wired and wireless network infrastructure.
- Making hardware and software that is up to date available to students, faculty, staff, and administrators
- Provide students with the technology tools needed to develop the technology skills to bridge the gap between secondary educations and the essential skills necessary for college readiness or critical skills needed in career development
- Improving communication among all stakeholders by providing effective communication channels
- Assisting teachers in the integration of technology into the curriculum.
- Utilizing technology to support, develop, and evaluate the professional growth of administrators, faculty, and staff that will result in maximum learning for all students.
The Randolph County School System's Technology Department consist of two different areas: Technology Services & Instructional Technology.
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES - The Technology Services plans, implements, and supports all to the school and district's technology initiatives and infrastructure and supports firewalls, servers, access points, laptops, desktops, Chromebooks, iPads, innovative technologies and more.
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY - The Randolph County School System is supported by a District Instructional Technology Specialist. This person has a wide variety of experience using software and hardware as a teacher preparing and conducting technology-related professional development for teachers, staff, and administration. Being innovative at integrating technology to enhance the day to day classroom educational process is detrimental in educational process.
Director of Technology
Randolph County School System
Schedule for Technology Services Support
Monday - High School then Elementary School
Tuesday - High School
Wednesday - Office
Thursday - Elementary School then Middle School
Friday - Board Office or as needed
Schedule for Instructional Technology
The above schedule changes frequently depending on the urgency of need.
We understand every need is important however, events that are critical to the day-to-day operations of an entity take precedent over others.